Monday, July 11, 2011

Sarah Ingle July Post

The margin between success and failure is often determined by one's decision not to quit.

The latest news on the rodeo road I competed at the Texas High School State Finals two weeks ago. I competed in the events Team roping, breakaway roping and goat tying. In the breakaway roping I was 2.4 in the first round and placed 5th and received a buckle. The second round was pretty disheartening I was 2.7 plus 10 I broke the barrier. I would have been 2nd high call coming back to the short round. Breaking that barrier really messed with me; I got some pep talks and got pumped up for my goat run. The goat tying I was a little long in the first round. But second round I had to be fast to be able to make it back to the short round.  I ended up making a fast run of 7 seconds. I placed second in that round. This carried me to the short round 13th call back. I wasn’t scared at all. I had no fear on my mind. The short round in goat tying was going to be tough. But I wasn’t worried I had ‘GOING FAST ON MY MIND” my goal was to win in the round and just do the best I could do on the draw of goat I had. I drew goat number lucky 21!!! Anyone could make to nationals in goat tying because from the 15th person to number 1 coming back was only a second apart from each other. My horse was really pumped and I always know he’s going to do good if he warms up bad. He acted so silly warming up and I literally had to walk him the alley and get ready as fast and calm as I could to get ready for my name to be called. The short round run I tied another 7 second run and also won 2nd in this round I got beat out of first by a tenth. But oh well I did what I had to do and I did it. I was pretty excited about my last two goat tying runs. It was so much fun. As I ran back up to the arena to hear how I was sitting in the average. People tallied me up as 5th which is one out to making it to nationals… but as soon as they said that the announcer called out the national qualifiers for goat tying Top 4 in the state of Texas. My name was the first to be called! I was so overwhelmed and shocked because I didn’t think it would be possible because the top four goat tiers in the short round had good runs. But I had two really fast times and my points carried me into the finals helped me out a lot. I was so excited and I just prayed thanking my Lord for even giving me the opportunity to do what I love. Winning is fun but not near as fun as winning with the Lord because none of this would be happening if it wasn’t for him.  So next week I will be at Shawnee Oklahoma competing at the ifyr and headed from there to Gillette Wyoming for the national high school finals!
Give God the Glory!
Don’t give up and always keep your faith through good and bad.
Never quit on God, don’t quit on yourself, don’t give, and don’t ever give up. Jesus didn’t quit, he went all the way to the cross and now lives in us. So don’t ever quit on your LORD. Don't quit! Someone once said, "If Columbus had turned back no one would have blamed him; but no one would have remembered him either." The margin between success and failure is often determined by one's decision not to quit. Success and failure are relative terms. What might be termed a failure by the world's standards may be a glowing success in God's eyes. Don't quit praying, don't quit serving, and don't quit loving. He hasn't quit loving you…and He won't! Come to Him at anytime, he is always willing. 2nd Peter 3:9 The Lord is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment