Wednesday, May 4, 2011

God will not give up one you

Well hey there! I have so much to share with ya’ll. These next few months are my favorite months of the year. These months are also the busiest for someone who rodeo’s. I have region 4 finals on the weekend of April 5th, 6th, 7th also I have 4shsra finals the weekend of the 15th, 16th. And I also have Joe Beaver’s goat tying and breakaway roping on Easter weekend.  Then the next week I have my exit level Taks test since I am a junior in high school. I have three tests left and I have to pass them to graduate high school and become a senior the next year. So fingers crossedJ . I have been roping so much this year trying to get better and go to that next level in my calf roping. It’s been a struggle at the rodeos. It’s like rodeo by rodeo something always goes wrong in the breakaway roping. I am only winning breakaway by one point in region 4.  At the last rodeo I drew a really fast calf and he ran through my loop which made me have to use my second loop. I ended up top ten in the round but this let other girls catch up to me, putting more pressure on me before the finals. I can’t let the pressure get to me. But I am confident in my lord and myself that I can get through this struggle in roping. I started roping my calf dummy a different way, I started roping a coastal hay bale instead and going back to the basics and catching every calf one by one. I also been going to professional calf ropers’ arenas and getting roping lessons and trying to learn new things and become a better roper. So far this past week has been one of my best weeks of roping calves. I feel a lot better about my roping.
 All I am trying to say is no matter how hard life gets and the obstacle you may face, don’t give in and don’t give up on yourself and especially don’t give up on your lord. God is there for you at all times. God loves you.
“And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he hears us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.” – 1 John 5:14-15

Sign upfor Champions Rodeo Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment