Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Helping Others

Week 8-9
Nov 15-28
                Helping Others
                I love getting to teach a steer wrestling clinic.  I find when I teach others I learn so much myself.  I have been teaching these clinics for 20 years now and I still learn something new at each one.  This year it was my steer wrestling that needed improvement.  I was taking the steers heads too low which was keeping me from making clean runs. 
                The Bible says to give and it will be given back to you good measure pressed down shaken together will men return it to you.  The schools give one of the best pictures of this for me.  I never have one that I don’t find myself being so extremely blessed by what comes back from my students.  This year one of the students that had been here for a couple of schools shared how god had turned his heart and had set his families course on a better path and to see this extremely tough Navy man changed by the power of God was so awesome for me and my family. 
                It really is true you can’t out give God!
Improvement

·        Steer wrestling Improved


Needs Improvement
  • Not getting to work on my calf roping as much as I would like
  • Work on my cardio

No comments:

Post a Comment