Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Work Hard

We prepared the calves for the Ft Worth Stock Show and Rodeo this week.  120 head of big black fresh calves.  We had to flank and tie everything twice and breakaway everything twice as well.  It was hard, tiring work but it also helped me prepare for the WTEC. 
            I am amazed at the believers who don’t want to work hard.  They take Scriptures that speak of entering His rest as an excuse to be lazy.  Then they seem offended that they are broke and in debt, as if God did not intend for them to adhere to Proverbs 6:6-11.  Look to the ant you sluggard, who having no master and ruler over him still gathers his food in season” (in other words he works hard without being told to work hard) it ends with “a little sleep a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity will come on you like an armed man.”  I get tired at times as well and I want to skip going to the practice pen or I want to lie on the couch instead of doing what needs to be done, however, I know that when I get up and get after it I am usually really glad I did.

Improvement
·        Flanking and tying was really good
·        Cardio is starting to improve
Needs Improvement
  • Missed too many break away calves

No comments:

Post a Comment