Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Power of Prayer


Lately I have been busier than ever with rodeos and basketball. Basketball is now over and I have so much time to get better at what I love most and that is roping. Lately I have been striving toward my goals. State is coming soon and I have been working but I believe not hard enough. So I started roping twice a day. Waking up 6 in the morning to go saddle three calf horses and pen a set of ten calves. I rope for an hour before school and now after I come home from school, I give goat tying lessons and then I rope all over again working on different things. My message this week is about Power in Prayer.
"…The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" James 5:16
The quality of our prayer life then determines the quality of our relationship with God. Prayer is talking with God. Prayer is listening to God. Prayer is enjoying the presence of God. It can take many forms - for example: worship, confession, thanksgiving, praise, petition (asking for things), waiting (silent, listening and sensing of God) and warfare (command). If we are baptized in the Spirit we can pray with the spirit, in languages unknown to us but not to God, 1 Corinthians 14:2,14.
Prayer is not simply saying words. It is not repeating formulas. God is looking for heartfelt relationship. There is power in prayer; it’s our one connection with God in which the devil cannot interrupt. To have a good relationship with God is to have good communication with Him. Not only is there power in prayer, but there is purpose in prayer. He is your Father, He is there for you unconditionally; put your all into the relationship with Him and it will pay off.
Life on Earth isn’t easy, we face obstacles, people and things stand in our way, and prayer is the way to reach God for help. He knows all, but you have to talk with him, confide in him, and ask of him. But in the end God is our anchor and he is what we have to hang on to when times are tough.
Signup for Champions Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment