Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Stretch Run

Things sure can unravel quickly.  For the first two weeks of this stretch run my tripping really improved my calf roping and team roping were looking sharp and I was preparing to sharpen my steer wrestling up as well. When things kind of came to a screeching halt.  My brother and I learned 1 week prior to the WTEC that we were not going to be able to ride the horse we had been planning on riding in the steer wrestling.  I also rode the horse I am riding in the steer roping at the Timed Event for the first time and it didn’t go well.  It would be easy at this point to push the panic button.  If your hope is in your horses or in your plan you will push the panic button but if your hope is in the Father you can stand firm.  Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
            This doesn’t mean I didn’t get on the phone and find a new horse to ride it just means after the initial shock I had to remember that God has a better plan than I have.  As it says in Proverbs 21: 31 The horses are prepared for battle, but the victory belongs to the LORD.

Improvement
·        Team roping went great at Ricky’s
·        I feel strong and healthy
Needs Improvement
  • Didn’t get along with new tripping horse that well

No comments:

Post a Comment