Thursday, November 18, 2010

Discipline and Leadership

I was speaking with Walt Garrison today about the Dallas Cowboys.  I asked him, “How the Cowboys could perform so poorly with so much talent?” He replied, “they are bound to fail they have no leadership and no discipline.”  I realized as we spoke that I am in dire need of discipline and leadership in my preparation for the WTEC.
Proverbs 5: 23 He will die for lack of discipline and instruction, and in the greatness of his folly he will go astray and be lost. This is the truth- if I will not lead a life of discipline I will constantly yield myself to the desire, to take the easy road, the road of excuses and that road will surely never take me where I want to go.  For the last two weeks I have too readily taken the path of least resistance, I mean after all we have a new baby, our kids are really busy, I am tired… But this kind of excuse making does not belong in the mouth of someone that is attempting to reach a goal.  In fact, excuses never belong in the mouth of any son or daughter of the Most High God.  
Therefore, it is essential that I let Jesus lead me to the truth.  The truth may be hard to take because it means by accepting the truth (i.e. I can do all things through Christ that strengthens me, I am more than a conqueror in Him,  He will never leave or forsake me…) I have to give up my excuses.  A disciplined life is by definition not easy, but what of the alternative.  A disciplined life is certainly better than mediocrity, than living life short of God’s best. So, Father lead me on and I will learn to trust that the narrow difficult trail will lead to life and life more abundantly.
Improvement

·        Steer wrestling catch was a lot better
·        Calf roping went pretty well


Needs Improvement
  • Still not down to fighting weight
  • A little behind on my Bible reading
  • Team roping had a bit of a setback this week

www.skyranch.org/rodeo

No comments:

Post a Comment