Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sarah Ingle's 1st post

           Over the past couple weeks I have been rodeoing heavily. I just returned from the USTRC team roping championship finals in Oklahoma City. It was a fun week but my partners and I had no luck.
            I returned back to my home in Texas. The first day back I had a varsity basketball scrimmage in Bland. I got hurt in the first twenty minutes of playing. I thought I broke my right thumb which is my roping hand. I didn't get mad over it because I believe everything happens for a reason. I knew my thumb would be okay. My coach pulled me out of the game as he noticed my whole right hand locked up and I couldn't move it. I started to get nervous about what was wrong with my thumb. I kept playing the whole game, ignoring the pain. As the game ended I went to the locker room and prayed to GOD that everything would be okay. I knew he would heal me. GOD calls himself a healer and our provider. He has healed me over the years mentally and physically. As the night went on my thumb was severely swollen and the pain was awful. I went to the hospital and got it checked out. I received good news it wasn't broke it was just a torn collateral ligament and some bruised bones but I was very thankful it wasn't broken. What I realized over the past years life situations such as injuries, deaths, the storms have came along my path to knock me down, but if I stay anchored to my Lord and Savior I believe that he will always be there for me when the times are tough. He has proven his Word to me. I can't express to you how much he has healed me and my family. While competing in rodeo and sports we’re all going to get hurt sometime. I use to get mad at GOD when bad things would happen. I would ask questions like why me, or things like why it seems nothing ever goes right. Thankfully I don’t do this anymore.  GOD is here for me at all times. He would never let anything happen to me that we couldn't handle. No matter what happens all I have to do is not give up and just keep moving forward.
            I ask GOD to help you through tough times. He is there waiting for your call.

No comments:

Post a Comment