Tuesday, November 23, 2010

No Fear

When I am preparing for something like the Timed Event invariably there will come a time when I will begin to doubt whether I will be ready then fear will start to whisper “you’re going to fail.”  I am aware the Word says that we have not been given a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.  However, knowing this (even quoting this) doesn’t always help to cast out the fear. Most people just continue even though the doubt remains.  They simply put the fear down and pretend that it isn’t there.  While this is better than being paralyzed by the anxiety it is not the same as having the fear removed.  It says in 1 John 4: 18 Such love has no fear because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of judgment, and this shows that his love has not been perfected in us. So, I don’t just want to get over my fears I want them cast out.  For I know that if they remain even if the rest of the world doesn’t know I will know that I am being nagged by these fears.
So, how do I remove that fear?  First, I must realize that the root of the fear is a fear of judgement. Secondly, realize we have been accepted by the Father. Finally, since we are not being judged, realize our acceptance is not based on our accomplishments but solely based on His Love.  Therefore, since the results at the WTEC have no effect on what the Father thinks about me, there is no longer any need to fear. 
Improvement
·        Working on my horses
·        Heeling went well
Needs Improvement
  • Not getting to work on my calf roping as much as I would like
  • Still not staying diligent with the exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment